Introduction to Chocolate
A full day course, this is an in-depth look at working with chocolate.
On this day course you will learn:
- A background to chocolate, it’s properties and what forms its texture and taste,
- The theory behind tempering/pre-crystallisation,
- Easy and quick methods of tempering chocolate,
- How to test if chocolate is in temper before doing anything with it and troubleshoot if it’s not.
- Using moulds to make chocolates,
- Making and tempering ganaches,
- Dipping and finishing truffles.
You will come away from the course with the knowledge to temper and make your own chocolates as well as the chocolates you make on the course.
Next course date Monday 30th July 2018